About Australian Native Bee Seminar
Australian Native Bee Seminar with Megan Halcroft (Powerpoint Presentation).
Saturday 20th May 9am-12pm
Includes: tea, coffee and refreshments
• Importance of pollinators / bees in our ecosystems.
• Plant / bee co-evolution = best pollinators.
• Honey bees’ role in food security.
• The pollinator / bee crisis.
• Compare Australia’s social bees (honey and stingless bees).
• Australian’s native solitary and semi-social bees.
• How to support native bee populations in our environment.
Description during the session:
The first half is about 1.5 hrs. We break for refreshments. Then the second session is mostly about solitary bees and how to encourage them, protect them, a brief description of how to build habitat for them and what to plant (food resources). There should be plenty of time for questions.
^Plus booking fee