About One Tropical Day: The Cat Empire - Carmada - The Whitlams - Odette
Get set Darwin as ONE TROPICAL DAY returns on Saturday 29th September with another musical feast for your senses, if it has been a while since you danced up a storm, sang out loud, smiled your face off or had a night out with your friends or lover…the time has come.
Join us at the Darwin Ski Club as the purveyors of good times, THE CAT EMPIRE, lead the charge of a world class all Aussie line up.
THE CAT EMPIRE: Known far and wide as one of the world’s greatest party bands. Their colourful, genre-bending music, shipped across the globe in traveller’s backpacks, seems at home almost anywhere. Difficult to describe and impossible to categorise, The Cat Empire’s reputation is built upon a chaotic and fiercely uplifting live show with songs that make people dance, and music that makes you feel like you have just been swept up in a big, colourful, cacophonous parade.
CARMADA: What happens when two great forces of inimitable talent collide and morph into one? Carmada, of course. Upon finishing their 2014 Splendour In The Grass show in front of a 10k crowd, L D R U and Yahtzel, two of Australia's most talked about young producers, decided to go beyond their B2B set and previous collaborative efforts by merging their mad production skills and sheer talent to officially form Carmada. The pair locked themselves away in the studio for the first time after their joint single "The Only One" dropped on Future Classic in March 2014, to create their groundbreaking first EP "Realise" - a release so hot that it hit #1 on the Australian iTunes Album Charts. When they hit the stage at the Darwin Ski Club you’ll understand why everyone from Skrillex to Triple J are screaming their name.
THE WHITLAMS: Renown for their classic hits including ‘Blow Up the Pokies’, ‘No Aphrodisiac’, ‘Thank You (For Loving Me At My Worst)’ and many more. The group's single, "No Aphrodisiac" was listed at number one on the Triple J Hottest 100, 1997. The Whitlams have commemorated a quarter of a century as a multi-Platinum-selling, ARIA Award-winning band.According to frontman Tim Freedman, the show will do a deep dive into the band's seven-album oeuvre, busting out not only their well-travelled favourites but also some rarer cuts.
ODETTE: One of Australia’s most promising talents only newly unearthed by Triple J. Odette comes across wise beyond her years. Born in England, she was raised in Western Sydney, and grew up with an eclectic musical palette. Her South African Mother introduced her to African music, Soul, Funk and Rhythm, whilst her English Father hailing from a long line of Jazz pianists introduced her to new wave and Jazz. With that heritage and talent passed on to her from her parents it’s only right that Odette has played piano since she was a child and her unique vocal and lyrical style is embraced by so many already.
Don’t miss this eclectic mix of some of the hottest talent to hit Darwin this year!
ALL AGES EVENT
Patron Ticketing and Entry Conditions:
• All patrons must have a valid ticket to access the event.
• This is an all ages licensed event.
• Children 13yrs & under will be admitted free of charge with a ticket holding guardian.
• The promoter recommends any children under 16 years of age who attend the event are accompanied by a ticket holding guardian.
• Carers accompanying a disabled or restricted mobility person will be admitted free in the company of the ticket holding person they are caring for. This is valid for one carer per person.
• Every person entering the event will receive a wristband if this wristband is removed for any reason you will be removed from the event or you will need to purchase an admission ticket.
• You may be refused entry if your ticket was purchased from an unauthorized ticket seller or ticket scalper. Defaced tickets will not be accepted.
Venue Terms & Conditions:
• Entry is at own risk. The right to refuse entry is reserved.
• Patrons who wish to consume alcohol must have valid photo identification. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any patron without appropriate identification. The only forms of valid photo ID that will be accepted are a current Australian driver’s licence, a current passport or a current state issued proof of age card.
• Anyone found to be supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the venue and will possibly face criminal charges.
• During the Event, patrons must remain on designated pathways and follow official directions by Venue Staff and Security.
• Trespassers and anyone assisting trespassers will be evicted from the Venue.
• Smoking is only permitted in marked designated smoking areas.
• The Promoter and the Venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or within the premises.
• Small still cameras (including those with a recording function) and mobile phones are permitted for personal use only. Please respect the privacy of all other patrons, artists and service providers when using your camera or mobile phone.
• As members of the audience, ticket-holders consent to being included in photos, sound and live video recordings that can be used by the promoter approved media outlets for promotion of the event.
• All persons, bags and containers are subject to a full search at entry to ensure the safety of patrons. Prohibited items will be confiscated (and only returned at Promoters discretion) except for illegal drugs, which will be handed over to police. The Event organisers do not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
• It is a condition of entry that all patrons agree not to behave in a manner that interferes with the enjoyment of other patrons. Promoters and Security reserve the right to eject any person contravening this.
• DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing. Patrons participating in these dangerous activities will be evicted without right to re-entry or refund. The Promoter accepts no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities.
• In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, please follow all official directives.
• The Promoters or the event will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss. Use earplugs if necessary.
• The Promoter reserves the right to change the line-up without prior notification. In the event of a change of lineup, refunds will not be available.
What items can’t be brought into this event.
• No BYO alcohol, soft drinks and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted.
• No illicit drugs are permitted.
• No glass, knives, weapons, lasers, fireworks, umbrellas, prams, bulky items (such as eskies, sunshades, tents, tables) or animals are permitted.
• No outside food is to be brought into the venue.
• Professional still cameras (such as an SLR), professional video cameras (including go-pros), sound recording equipment and professional lighting and tripod set ups are not permitted without written authority from Hamark Holdings Pty Ltd.
What can be brought to this event?
• Camp chairs & picnic rugs
• Special requirement food that can not be reasonably purchased inside the venue.
• Sealed bottled water
Is there an ATM and EFTPOS at the event?
There will be an ATM at the event. Eftpos facilities will only be available at the front gate to purchase entry tickets.
Is First Aid available?
There will be a First Aid Marquee with trained First Aid personnel on site.
Are you allowed to leave and come back?
Any person over 18 is free to enter and exit the venue as you please as long as your wristband stays intact.
What if it rains?
If it does rain the show will go ahead unless conditions are deemed to be dangerous. If an event does not go ahead due to this reason, the show will be rescheduled.
The decision to cancel a show will be made on show day. In the event of inclement weather patrons should check this website BEFORE departing for the show for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
Where is Lost Property?
Lost property will be kept at the box office throughout the event and will be held at Darwin Ski Club for three days before being taken to the Mitchell Street Police Station. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for property.
Contact us through our Facebook page for inquiries.
Can lost tickets be replaced?
No. Once the ticket sale is processed the purchase is final. While obviously we sympathize with you if you lose your ticket, we are unable to reissue. Even if we have a record of your purchase, we cannot be certain that other less scrupulous members of the public will not use the ticket. Please treat your ticket like cash, as they are irreplaceable.
Can I get a refund or Exchange?
No refunds or exchanges except as required by and/or specified by the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice. Incorrect purchases are NOT guaranteed a refund and are at the discretion of the promoter.
If you are asked to leave the event for any reason or you choose to leave for any reason you will not be entitled to a refund.