About Growing Mushrooms in Your Home & Garden – 2 Day Workshop
Join Burn City Mycology for this intensive, hands-on 2-day workshop that will equip you with the skills and confidence to start growing mushrooms at home for food, health, and the environment.
Across the 2 days you will learn and practice all aspects of mushroom cultivation, from the early stages of propagating mycelium, right through to how to fruit your mushrooms to get the best yields possible.
Other skills you will learn:
- Preparing and inoculating liquid cultures and agar dishes to grow mycelium.
- Preparing and inoculating grain spawn to significantly reduce the cost of cultivation.
- Preparing and inoculating bulk substrates including straw/sugarcane, sawdust, wood chips and logs so you can grow a range of gourmet edible and medicinal mushrooms.
This workshop is ideal for beginners, or for those looking to brush up on their skills and confidence. We keep our class sizes small so all students get a chance to practice each part of the process. Our sole aim is to equip students with the confidence needed to begin cultivating at home immediately.
Suitable for ages 12+.
All students will take home a large amount of mushroom cultures and cultivation supplies including:
* 2x Oyster Mushroom Grow Kits (valued @ $30 each)
* Mycelium cultures of Oyster mushroom, Turkey Tail, Shiitake, Reishi & Lion’s Mane (valued at $25 each)
* Sawdust spawn of King Stropharia (valued at $40)
* Grain Spawn & Mason Jars (valued at $20 each)
* Specialised mushroom grow bags.
Morning & afternoon tea provided on both days. Catered lunch provided on the Sunday. For Saturday lunch, all workshop participants are asked to bring one dish to share as a potluck lunch (vego/vegan friendly).