About Hands-on Cider Making Workshop
Would you like to know how cider is made? Always wondered what goes into a bottle of this delicious fermented apple product? Well at 3 Sons Cider we would like to give you the opportunity to learn how this centuries old drink is made.
What will you learn, what you will do, and what you’ll take away:
• A brief history of cider;
• How the different style of apples affect the final product;
• The steps of making cider and an understanding of the fermentation process.
• How to make it yourself at home relatively easily for small home consumption;
• You’ll help press a batch a juice that will be turned into cider by you;
Each person will take away a 1.25litre PET bottle of juice to ferment themselves, with yeast to add and instructions of where to purchase/make the remainder of what is required to ferment in the bottle
We will be pressing and making a cider using cider fruit on the day.
Tea/Coffee and some light snacks will be available during each session. We recommend you bring a folding portable chair, a water bottle, and a great attitude. A small notepad or similar (or use your phone!) for anyone wishing to take notes may be an idea, too.
Bookings are limited to 12 persons per two hour session.
*plus booking fee