About One Tropical Day: John Farnham - Daryl Braithwaite - The Black Sorrows - Taxiride
One Tropical Day returns in 2018 on Saturday 14th July to the sensational tropical setting of the Darwin Botanic Gardens Amphitheatre. One Tropical Day will showcase a show stopping line up of some of Australia’s most critically acclaimed and enduring artists.
Featuring: JOHN FARNHAM plus DARYL BRAITHWAITE, THE BLACK SORROWS and TAXIRIDE.
In addition to seeing some of the most famous names in Aussie rock history, you will also get the opportunity to spend an amazing afternoon at Darwin’s premier outdoor venue in the middle of the Top Ends magnificent Dry Season. Bring your camp chairs and picnic rugs and set yourself up on the hills of the Darwin Botanic Gardens Amphitheatre for an unforgettable dry season day whilst listening to timeless hit after hit from these legendary Australian Performers.
Camp chairs and picnic rugs aren’t your style?. . . . That’s ok . . . we have you covered.
Join us in our Premium Reserved Seating section, we have a very limited number of these Premium Reserved Seating available, located front and centre of the Amphitheatre stage.
Gates Open at 2pm, so for those of you that wish to obtain your favourite Amphitheatre position head down early. Artists take to the stage from 2.15 pm and there will be an extensive range of Gourmet food venders, bars and shade plus the One Tropical Day Wine Cocktail & Champagne Bar to satisfy all your food and beverage needs.
Minors 12 years and under accompanied by an adult are admitted free. A photo proof of age card maybe required to validate age. Photo ID may also be required for persons who wish to purchase and consume alcohol.
With a lineup featuring Aussie rock royalty of this calibre, tickets aren’t going to last long, so be sure to get in early to avoid disappointment.
ALL AGES EVENT.
Patron Ticketing and Entry Conditions:
- ¹ PREMIUM RESERVED SEATING: All seating in this premium section at the front of the venue is Allocated (i.e. you will be assigned a specific seat number). Seat allocations are assigned on completion of your order on a next best available seat allocation basis.
Groups are strongly encouraged to order together to ensure seat allocations are together.
IMPORTANT: Due to the configuration of seating per row at this venue, Premium Reserved Seating tickets are restricted to 10 tickets per order. Therefore, if your group size is larger than 10 you will need to split your group and place an additional order. Eg. total group size is 18: you will need to place 2 orders of 9 + 9 or 10 + 8 (whichever suits your group best).
- All patrons must have a valid ticket to access the event.
- This is an all ages licensed event.
- Children 12 years and under will be admitted free of charge with a ticket holding guardian.
- The promoter recommends any children under 16 years of age who attend the event are accompanied by a ticket holding guardian.
- Carers accompanying a disabled or restricted mobility person will be admitted free in the company of the ticket holding person they are caring for. This is valid for one carer per person.
- Every person entering the event will receive a wristband. If this wristband is removed for any reason you will be removed from the event or you will need to purchase an admission ticket.
- You may be refused entry if your ticket was purchased from an unauthorized ticket seller or ticket scalper. Defaced tickets will not be accepted.
- Only the first scan of each ticket will allow entry to the festival. Duplicate ticket holders will be refused entry to the festival.
- Tickets sold are non-refundable but are transferable to other people.
Venue Terms & Conditions:
- Entry is at own risk. The right to refuse entry is reserved.
- Patrons who wish to consume alcohol must have valid photo identification. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any patron without appropriate identification. The only forms of valid photo ID that will be accepted are a current Australian driver’s licence, a current passport or a current state issued proof of age card.
- Anyone found to be supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the venue and will possibly face criminal charges.
- During the Event, patrons must remain on designated pathways and follow official directions by Venue Staff and Security.
- Trespassers and anyone assisting trespassers will be evicted from the Venue.
- Smoking is only permitted in marked designated smoking areas. Alcohol and food are not permitted in smoking areas, this is a licensing condition.
- The Promoter and the Venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or within the premises.
- Small still cameras (including those with a recording function) and mobile phones are permitted for personal use only. Please respect the privacy of all other patrons, artists and service providers when using your camera or mobile phone.
- As members of the audience, ticket-holders consent to being included in photos, sound and live video recordings that can be used by the promoter approved media outlets for promotion of the event.
- All persons, bags and containers are subject to a full search at entry to ensure the safety of patrons. Prohibited items will be confiscated (and only returned at Promoters discretion) except for illegal drugs, which will be handed over to police. The Event organisers do not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
- It is a condition of entry that all patrons agree not to behave in a manner that interferes with the enjoyment of other patrons. Promoters and Security reserve the right to eject any person contravening this.
- DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing. Patrons participating in these dangerous activities will be evicted without right to re-entry or refund. The Promoter accepts no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities.
- In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, please follow all official directives.
- The Promoters or the event will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss. Use earplugs if necessary.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the line-up and/or the date of the event without prior notification. In the event of a change of the date or lineup, refunds will not be available.
What items can’t be brought into this event?
- No BYO alcohol, soft drinks, juice, milk, energy drinks, flavoured water or sports water is permitted.
- No illicit drugs are permitted.
- No glass, knives, weapons, lasers, fireworks, umbrellas, prams, bulky items (such as eskies, sunshades, tents, tables) or animals are permitted.
- No outside food is to be brought into the venue.
- Professional still cameras (such as an SLR), professional video cameras (including go-pros), sound recording equipment and professional lighting and tripod set ups are not permitted without written authority from Hamark Holdings Pty Ltd.
What items can be brought into this event?
- Camp chairs & picnic rugs
- Sealed plastic water bottle or an empty plastic water bottle is permitted.
- Special requirement food that can not be reasonably purchased inside the venue.
Is there an ATM and EFTPOS at the event?
- There will be an ATM at the event. Eftpos facilities will be available at the front gate to purchase entry tickets and at the bars.
Is First Aid available?
- There will be a First Aid Marquee with trained First Aid personnel on site.
Are you allowed to leave and come back?
- Any person over 18 is free to enter and exit the venue as you please as long as your wristband stays intact.
What if it rains?
- If it does rain the show will go ahead unless conditions are deemed to be dangerous. If an event does not go ahead due to this reason, the show will be rescheduled.
- The decision to cancel a show will be made on show day. In the event of inclement weather patrons should check this website BEFORE departing for the show for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
Where is Lost Property?
- Lost property will be kept at the box office throughout the event and will be held at Monsoons (46 Mitchell Street) for three days before being taken to the Mitchell Street Police Station. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for property.
- Contact us through our Facebook page for inquiries.
Can lost tickets be replaced?
- No. Once the ticket sale is processed the purchase is final. While obviously we sympathize with you if you lose your ticket, we are unable to reissue. Even if we have a record of your purchase, we cannot be certain that other less scrupulous members of the public will not use the ticket. Please treat your ticket like cash, as they are irreplaceable.
Can I get a refund or Exchange?
- No refunds or exchanges except as required by and/or specified by the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice. Incorrect purchases are NOT guaranteed a refund and are at the discretion of the promoter.
- If you are asked to leave the event for any reason or you choose to leave for any reason you will not be entitled to a refund.