About Seaside Sounds 2018
BEATS ON THE BEACH
The Dry Season is back and it’s time for the first music festival of the year! SEASIDE SOUNDS.
Held at one of Darwin’s finest beach side locations, The Darwin Ski Club, SEASIDE SOUNDS is celebrating it’s 5th consecutive year of bringing friends and people alike together to celebrate all good things the Top End has to offer through great music and good times! With a diverse selection of hand picked artists and performers to provide your aural journey, world class lighting and sound plus the cool seaside breeze of the dry season, set on one of Darwin’s finest beaches it’s time to gather the squad, pick your outfits, don your wristbands because SEASIDE SOUNDS is here, and that can only mean one thing... the start of the dry
This year we bring you an eclectic line up of International, Australian and local artists with
DARUDE: Famed for the global platinum-selling smash ‘Sandstorm’, Darude is recognised by many as one of the most influential artists to emerge from the dance scene in the past decade. With a DJ style that is a mixture of progressive and uplifting trance, fused with elements of tech, breaks and house, Darude’s music delivers a dynamic energy that gets any dancefloor moving. Having established himself as DJ for the people, continually wowed club crowds around the world and released some of the biggest dance anthems ever produced, it is a testament to his popularity that he remains one of the scenes most in demand artists.
TIGERLILY: Undeniably captivating from the moment she enters the room, Tigerlily’s electrifying stage presence and drive to transcend the traditional expectations of a DJ sees her in a league of her own. A true entertainer taking the world by storm. Tigerlily finds herself among Australia’s elite performers with the public voting her in the top 5 DJs for both 2014 and 2015 and the #1 female DJ three years running (via Inthemix). With the world at her feet and #TeamTiger at her back, Tigerlily has proven herself as one of the Powerhouses of the Australian music industry, creating a global social movement full of music, happiness and positivity that is felt the world over.
POTBELLEEZ DJS: One of Australia’s most successful and legendary Dance duos, POTBELLEEZ DJs (Dave Goode and Jonny Sonic) have remained one of the Australia most in-demand and electrifying DJ acts. Their no holds barred rocking driving Big Room house sets have seen them performing on some of the biggest Festival stages worldwide. As the Potbelleez they have sold over 750,000 singles and albums in Australia alone and are known for some of the biggest dance tracks over the past few years including Hello, From The Music, Are You With Me, Saved In A Bottle and the triple platinum, top 5 single, Don’t Hold Back.
CHRIS ROYAL: With his signature bass sound which has captured the attention of the music industry and clubland at large, Royal prides himself on playing for the crowd - a crowd that is always strong in numbers and brimming with enthusiasts keen to hear his heavy bass lines. His label, Royalty Records, a record label pioneered by Royal himself, has recently launched, and is receiving an overwhelmingly positive response. The label aims at sourcing previously un-earthed artists, giving them a platform to launch from and since signing to Jump Touring, Royal has hit the ground running, mastering his unique sound and generating interest internationally, with industry legend Krafty Kuts among many industry insiders tipping him as one to watch.
DJ BLISS: The undisputed queen of diversity, Bliss’s blend of Electronic Dance, Trap, RNB, and Hip-Hop, is delivered with an explosive energy that beckons crowd participation. Renowned for delivering highly energetic ‘party sets’ and dance anthems, as well as being able to lay down the freshest house sounds, Bliss has solidified her career with a reputation to boot. This is backed up by cracking the world top 100 DJ JANE list at #84 and #7 in Australia in 2017.
FALSE RUMOURS: One of Darwin’s hottest local acts, forging a name for himself in the studio and with performances not to be missed! Fresh off taking out the runner up spot in the INDABAMUSIC remix competition of Simone’s track DAYDREAMS, False Rumours comes at SEASIDE SOUNDS with impeccable taste and tune selection plus a few surprises up his sleeve to boot!
ALL PRICES INCLUDE BOOKING FEE AND CREDIT CARD CHARGES
¹ VIP TICKETS Include access to Exclusive Area with own Bar, beanbags, shade and open pool, plus 4 drinks of your choice.
OVER AGE 18+
Patron Ticketing and Entry Conditions:
- All patrons must have a valid ticket to access the event.
- This event is strictly 18 plus.
- Carers accompanying a disabled or restricted mobility person will be admitted free in the company of the ticket holding person they are caring for. This is valid for one carer per person.
- Every person entering the event will receive a wristband if this wristband is removed for any reason you will be removed from the event or you will need to purchase an admission ticket.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to any patron without appropriate identification. The only forms of valid photo ID that will be accepted are a current Australian driver’s licence, a current passport or a current state issued proof of age card.
Venue Terms & Conditions:
- Entry is at own risk
- The Promoter and the Venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or within the premises.
- Small still cameras (including those with a recording function) and mobile phones are permitted for personal use only. Please respect the privacy of all other patrons, artists and service providers when using your camera or mobile phone.
- As members of the audience, ticket-holders consent to being included in photos, sound and live video recordings that can be used by the promoter approved media outlets for promotion of the event.
- All persons, bags and containers are subject to a full search at entry to ensure the safety of patrons. Prohibited items will be confiscated (and only returned at Promoters discretion) except for illegal drugs, which will be handed over to police. The Event organisers do not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
- It is a condition of entry that all patrons agree not to behave in a manner that interferes with the enjoyment of other patrons. Promoters and Security reserve the right to eject any person contravening this.
- DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing. Patrons participating in these dangerous activities will be evicted without right to re-entry or refund. The Promoter accepts no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities.
- In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, please follow all official directives.
- The Promoters or the event will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss. Use earplugs if necessary.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the line-up and/or the date of the event without prior notification. In the event of a change of the date or lineup, refunds will not be available.
What items can’t be brought into this event.
- No BYO alcohol, soft drinks, juice, milk, energy drinks, flavoured water or sports water is permitted.
- No illicit drugs are permitted.
- No glass, knives, weapons, lasers, fireworks, umbrellas, prams, bulky items (such as eskies, sunshades, tents, tables and folding chairs) or animals are permitted.
- No outside food is to be brought into the venue.
- Professional still cameras (such as an SLR), professional video cameras (including go-pros), sound recording equipment and professional lighting and tripod set ups are not permitted without written authority from Hamark Holdings Pty Ltd.
What can be brought to this event?
- Sealed plastic water bottle or an empty plastic water bottle is permitted.
- Special requirement food that can not be reasonably purchased inside the venue.
Is there an ATM and EFTPOS at the event?
- There will be ATM at the event. Eftpos facilities will be available at the front gate to purchase entry tickets and at the bars.
Is First Aid available?
- There will be trained First Aid personnel on site.
Are you allowed to leave and come back?
- Any person over 18 is free to enter and exit the venue as you please as long as your wristband stays intact.
What if it rains?
-If it does rain the show will go ahead unless conditions are deemed to be dangerous. If an event does not go ahead due to this reason, the show will be rescheduled. The decision to cancel a show will be made on show day. In the event of inclement weather patrons should check this website BEFORE departing for the show for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
Where is Lost Property?
- Lost property will be kept at the box office throughout the event and will be held at Monsoons (46 Mitchell St, Darwin) for three days before being taken to the Mitchell Street Police Station. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for property.
Can lost tickets be replaced?
- No. Once the ticket sale is processed the purchase is final. While obviously we sympathize with you if you lose your ticket, we are unable to reissue. Even if we have a record of your purchase, we cannot be certain that other less scrupulous members of the public will not use the ticket. Please treat your ticket like cash, as they are irreplaceable.
Can I get a refund or Exchange?
- No, there will be no full or partial refunds on purchased tickets. If you are asked to leave the event for any reason or you choose to leave for any reason you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If an event is rescheduled, you will be offered an equivalent ticket at the rescheduled event. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled event or an event is cancelled entirely, you are entitled to a refund of the face value of the tickets and the per ticket booking fee.