About Angus & Julia Stone
Ski Club Darwin, Live Nation & Secret Sounds Present
ANGUS & JULIA STONE
SAT 5 MAY 2018 DOORS 5PM
Currently playing to full houses in the US, following a sold out European and UK tour, Angus & Julia Stone announce the extension of their 2018 Australian metro dates to a huge nationwide run through regional centres in April and May. Joining them on the road as special guest is powerhouse Melbourne singer-songwriter Angie McMahon, with her bold vocals and beautiful guitar tones.
Unveiled in September, the Stones’ latest album Snow is the latest in a body of work dating all the way back to 2006, when Angus & Julia first emerged from Sydney’s Northern Beaches with their signature harmonies and ethereal song craft. Recorded in Angus’ Byron Bay cottage, Snow is the first album written entirely in collaboration - a process initiated by producer Rick Rubin while working on the pair’s 2014 self-titled record.
On release, Snow rocketed straight to number 2 on the ARIA Albums Chart, becoming the duo’s fourth consecutive top 5 album in the process - a remarkable achievement in this constantly shifting musical landscape. The record was also hand-picked as triple j’s feature album and has charted worldwide, hitting the top 20 in the US, UK, France, Switzerland and New Zealand.
Latest single Chateau has struck a special chord with audiences around the world, proving a real highlight of their live shows and racking up over 2.5 million video views.
The narrative is played out by leading Australian actors Courtney Eaton, who starred in Mad Max Fury Road, and Dacre Montgomery, who stars as ‘Billy’ in the Netflix hit series ‘Stranger Things 2’.
It continues to grow each week and has cracked the Top 50 ARIA streaming chart (one of only three Australian acts in the chart) and it has now chalked up over 12 million streams worldwide on Spotify alone.
In a highlight for fans and triple J listeners, Angus & Julia unveil the video for new track Cellar Door, as premiered on Nylon. View HERE.
Angus & Julia Stone are set to take Snow across the country on an extensive regional tour in 2018. They will perform in every state and territory, visiting Rockhampton, Darwin, Bendigo, Launceston, Fremantle and everywhere in between. This expansive new set of dates is in addition to already announced city shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and follows a sold out national tour on album release.
ALL AGES EVENT
Patron Ticketing and Entry Conditions:
- All patrons must have a valid ticket to access the event.
- This is an all ages licensed event.
- Children 3 years and under will be admitted free of charge with a ticket holding guardian.
- The promoter recommends any children under 16 years of age who attend the event are accompanied by a ticket holding guardian.
- Carers accompanying a disabled or restricted mobility person will be admitted free in the company of the ticket holding person they are caring for. This is valid for one carer per person.
- Every person entering the event will receive a wristband if this wristband is removed for any reason you will be removed from the event or you will need to purchase an admission ticket.
- You may be refused entry if your ticket was purchased from an unauthorized ticket seller or ticket scalper. Defaced tickets will not be accepted.
Venue Terms & Conditions:
- Entry is at own risk. The right to refuse entry is reserved.
- Patrons who wish to consume alcohol must have valid photo identification. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any patron without appropriate identification. The only forms of valid photo ID that will be accepted are a current Australian driver’s licence, a current passport or a current state issued proof of age card.
- Anyone found to be supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the venue and will possibly face criminal charges.
- During the Event, patrons must remain on designated pathways and follow official directions by Venue Staff and Security.
- Trespassers and anyone assisting trespassers will be evicted from the Venue.
- Smoking is only permitted in marked designated smoking areas.
- The Promoter and the Venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or within the premises.
- Small still cameras (including those with a recording function) and mobile phones are permitted for personal use only. Please respect the privacy of all other patrons, artists and service providers when using your camera or mobile phone.
- As members of the audience, ticket-holders consent to being included in photos, sound and live video recordings that can be used by the promoter approved media outlets for promotion of the event.
- All persons, bags and containers are subject to a full search at entry to ensure the safety of patrons. Prohibited items will be confiscated (and only returned at Promoters discretion) except for illegal drugs, which will be handed over to police. The Event organisers do not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
- It is a condition of entry that all patrons agree not to behave in a manner that interferes with the enjoyment of other patrons. Promoters and Security reserve the right to eject any person contravening this.
- DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing. Patrons participating in these dangerous activities will be evicted without right to re-entry or refund. The Promoter accepts no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities.
- In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, please follow all official directives.
- The Promoters or the event will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss. Use earplugs if necessary.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the line-up and/or the date of the event without prior notification. In the event of a change of the date or lineup, refunds will not be available.
What items can’t be brought into this event.
- No BYO alcohol, soft drinks, juice, milk, energy drinks, flavoured water or sports water is permitted.
- No illicit drugs are permitted.
- No glass, knives, weapons, lasers, fireworks, umbrellas, prams, bulky items (such as eskies, sunshades, tents, tables) or animals are permitted.
- No outside food is to be brought into the venue.
- Professional still cameras (such as an SLR), professional video cameras (including go-pros), sound recording equipment and professional lighting and tripod set ups are not permitted without written authority from the Event Organiser.
What can be brought to this event?
- Camp chairs & picnic rugs
- Sealed plastic water bottle or an empty plastic water bottle is permitted.
- Special requirement food that can not be reasonably purchased inside the venue.
Is there an ATM and EFTPOS at the event?
There will be an ATM at the event. Eftpos facilities will only be available at the front gate to purchase entry tickets.
Is First Aid available?
There will be a First Aid Marquee with trained First Aid personnel on site.
Are you allowed to leave and come back?
Any person over 18 is free to enter and exit the venue as you please as long as your wristband stays intact.
What if it rains?
If it does rain the show will go ahead unless conditions are deemed to be dangerous. If an event does not go ahead due to this reason, the show will be rescheduled.
The decision to cancel a show will be made on show day. In the event of inclement weather patrons should check this website BEFORE departing for the show for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
Where is Lost Property?
Lost property will be kept at the box office throughout the event and will be held at Darwin Ski Club for three days before being taken to the Mitchell Street Police Station. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for property.
Contact us through our Facebook page for inquiries.
Can lost tickets be replaced?
No. Once the ticket sale is processed the purchase is final. While obviously we sympathize with you if you lose your ticket, we are unable to reissue. Even if we have a record of your purchase, we cannot be certain that other less scrupulous members of the public will not use the ticket. Please treat your ticket like cash, as they are irreplaceable.
Can I get a refund or Exchange?
No refunds or exchanges except as required by and/or specified by the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice. Incorrect purchases are NOT guaranteed a refund and are at the discretion of the promoter.
If you are asked to leave the event for any reason or you choose to leave for any reason you will not be entitled to a refund.