About The Man from Snowy River Bush Festival 2017
DID YOU KNOW?
- Golf Course Camping is only available to those who purchased a valid Festival wristband.
- GROUPS: If you’re camping at the festival and traveling in a group of five or more please note: AFTER you make your purchase online you must email your receipt to email@example.com (Festival Office) OR ring 0260761992 to assist with planning of camping. If you do not register with the Office, it is unlikely you will be able to camp together (grouping is subject to availability and is NOT guaranteed)
- CAMPING FEES DO NOT INCLUDE WRISTBAND OR ACCESS TO FESTIVAL EVENTS.
- Caravan Campsite Fees are per campsite only. Subject to caravan size e.g. under or over 6 meters (tow ball to back)
- Tent site fees are subject to the number of people in the camp. e.g. Small = a maximum of 4 people; Large = maximum of 8 people
- Wristbands are per person for access to all Festival events.
- Camping & Festival Entry Wristbands can only be exchanged & collected (on arrival) from one NEW location:
- (New) Corryong Rec Reserve Camping Ticket Box- Strezlecki Way Hours: Monday 7am - 8pm. Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat 8am - 7pm)
- Festival Entry Wristbands can be collected from one of the two locations:
- Visitor Information Centre - Corner Hanson & Jardine Street Hours: Mon to Thurs 9am to 5pm; Friday 8am to 5pm; Saturday 9am to 3pm (wristbands only)
- Festival Gate Ticket Box Hours: Thursday 7 am to 9pm; Friday 6.30am to 12 midnight; Saturday 6.30am to 12 midnight; Sunday 6.30am to 3.30pm (wristbands only)
- ¹ All 1 and 2 Day Entry Passes can ONLY be exchanged for their wristband on the day on which their Entry Pass becomes valid.
- ² 2 Day Entry Passes provide patrons access to the festival on any 2 CONSECUTIVE days of the festival. The day of wristband pick up is day 1 of the 2 day entry.
- ³ To Camp on the Golf Course you must purchase the relevant 2017 Entry Pass. E.g Arrive to camping Monday through Thursday (inclusive) = Minimum of one 4 day Festival Entry pass per campsite must be purchased. Arrive to camp Friday or Saturday = a minimum of one 2 day Festival Entry pass per campsite purchased. NO WRISTBAND = NO CAMPSITE CAMPING. (Subject to availability you can purchase your campsite at the gate)
- Only the first scan of the barcode on your ticket will be exchanged for your Entry Wristband - so please protect it as you would any other ticket. If more than one copy is used, the barcode scanner will alert the attendant indicating that the ticket has already been used.
- Ticket sales are non-refundable. For Organiser's full terms and conditions of ticket sales please visit www.bushfestival.com.au/terms & conditions.htm
- Student & Pension ticket holders will be asked to show their concession cards at the exchange kiosk.
- Children (Under 13 years) – FREE - Ticket Purchase Not Required.
FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2017:
Thundering hoofs and stockwhips wake the echoes in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains as the celebrations of Banjo Paterson's remarkable poem “The Man From Snowy River” kicks off for 2017. This iconic poem is recognised worldwide for reflecting Australia’s genuinely unique Bush Culture, sense of identity and love of our Aussie bush folklore and heritage. That branding has become synonymous with
Corryong's Man From Snowy River Bush Festival.
As campfire smoke wafts its way across the valley, the celebration begins as thousands of lovers of all things country converge on Corryong for a great weekend of art, music, poetry, horse competition, entertainment, trade stalls, street parades, markets, great food, historical machinery, ute muster, dog competitions. The Festival provides a friendly atmosphere, entertainment, great competition and our visitors bring the “fun, lots of fun!” It’s the place to make new friends or catch up with old ones...
From the dust busting action of the re-enactment of Banjo’s famous poem, the Rodeo, unique quality horsemanship or the side busting laughter at the Bush Poets or bending your elbow at the bar or having a dance with your best mate to the country rock bands ... There really is something for everyone.
The Man From Snowy River Bush Festival has featured some of Australia's best live music acts over the past few years with 2017 being no exception! The first announcement of the 2017 MFSR Live music line up includes; Wolfe Brothers, Caitlyn Shadbolt, Deep Creek Road, Bushwackers, Danny Phegan & Longreach Band, Pete Denahy and theres more to come..... To find out more about our live music click here.
The $80,000 Man from Snowy River Challenge: When it comes to the test of outstanding, consistent all round horsemanship, the Man From Snowy River Challenge is second to none.
The Man From Snowy River Re‑enactment: Kicking off the Festival in a cloud of dust and nail biting action, the rough terrain is indicative of the imagery represented in Banjo Paterson’s famous poem ‘The Man from Snowy River’.
Throw in Bush poetry, and a great Art display with some of the best country artists and photographers depicting the Australian Bush Culture and history of the Upper Murray.
Working Cattle Dog Championships: Top working dog trainers doing their best to show off the skills of these amazing cattle dogs.
Aussie Bush Idol Competition: Be part of this legendary weekend and win cash and guitars and the opportunity to perform at the Country Rock Concert on the Main Stage on Saturday Night.
High Country Rodeo: Home to top ranking Bull & Bronc rider Brad Pierce, Saturday evening Rodeo is full of bone jarring excitement in the Bull and Bronc Riding Spectacular.
The High Country Station Team Muster: A fast forward day on the farm! Out of bed, roll the swag, light the fire, eat your breaky, muster the sheep, fencing, on your bike and deal with whatever comes up! Have a laugh and challenge our 2016 reigning champions.
Equine Educational Arena: Featuring a number of Equine Specialists: Horse dentist, Chiropractors, Saddle fitting....come along, Look, Listen, Learn and enjoy!
To find out more about the Man From Snowy River Bush Festival check out our Website. Otherwise stay connected in the lead up to the festival via our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. #MFSR2017
Too much fun for just one... better bring a mate!