About Toowoomba 5k Colour Frenzy Walk / Run
Toowoomba Colour Frenzy is back! ...a colourful day for everyone!
On Sunday 8th of September 2019, we will be holding the Fun Walk / Run at Newtown Park (New Location) with our Colourful Fun Run, Market stalls, Free Face Painting, Free Jumping Castle and more!
Starting at 7:30am at Newtown Park with our fun run starting at 8:30am and finishing at 10am.
With the warm up starting at 8:15am and the walk / run at 8:30am we will have a short 1.25km loop track marked out for everyone to follow with multiple colourful zones along the way. You can do 1, 2 or all 4 laps, its your choice!
You can Walk, Jog, Run or even crawl. It’s completely self-paced and untimed.
Tickets go on sale Friday 19th of July at 9am sharp! Team tickets also available. Tickets from www.toowoombacolourfrenzy.com.au
Race pack (Wrist Bands, Glasses, Personal powder bag) collection available from 8:00am to 2:00pm on Saturday 7th of September 2019. Included in your race pack is a bottle of water and Finisher Medal! You will receive these during the run on Sunday.
Our fun walk / run the participants will start together at the 8:30am starting time and the fun run will be complete once you have finished your personal distance of up to 5km. You can come enjoy the markets before or after the fun run!
Check out our Colour Frenzy Event Video
TICKETING & ENTRY CONDITIONS:
- All participants must have a valid ticket to access the event.
- This is an all ages event.
- Children under 5 will be admitted free of charge with a ticket holding guardian. The event organisers do not recommend that young children be left unattended this event. Children under 5 attending the event do not need a race pack and will not receive a wristband.
- Children under 5 are to receive a racepack from race pack collection, just let the team know you have a under 5 coming along. (wristband not included or required for under 5)
- Carers accompanying a disabled or restricted mobility person will be admitted free in the company of the ticket holding person they are caring for. This is valid for one carer per person. Carers will receive a free racepack when showing companion card.
- Every person (5yr and older) entering the event will receive a race pack, if your wrist band is not shown for any reason you will be asked to show your band or be removed from the event.
What do we have to do when we arrive?
- Before arriving have your wristband on, then when you arrive you can grab a coffee, a morning sausage sizzle and enjoy the music before our warm up.
What if we can not collected Race Pack on Saturday?
- You can get a friend to collect for you all they need is your ticket with barcode to scan.
- We have a very limited amount of racepack collections available Sunday before the event starts between 7:30am and 8am, This is normally for people travelling to the event. The line up on Sunday is quite large so to make sure you can start on time and get as colourful as you can please collect on Saturday.
What is included in the Race Packs?
- Your race pack will include your wrist bands, glasses and 1 pouch of coloured powder. if you have ordered extras online (Eg – Tutu, Cap, Shirt or Colour Pouches) your race pack will include your extras.
- You can also purchase these extras at Racepack Collection on the Saturday or at the event on the Sunday.
Are shirts included in the Race Packs?
- To help keep costs of tickets down for families at fun price we have made our shirts optional, that way you can wear a previous white shirt or you can join in the fun and get your own colour frenzy shirt.
What are the Shirt Sizes and Tutu Sizes?
- Please see our link for details on Shirt Sizes http://www.colourfrenzy.com.au/shirt-sizing/
What items can’t be brought into this event.
- Alcohol, this is an alcohol-free event.
- Glass - this includes glasses, bottles, jars, or any other containers or items made of glass.
- Bikes, Scooters or any wheeled type vehicle / accessory that is not controlled by a adult.
What can be brought to this event?
- non-alcoholic drinks - this includes juice, soft drinks, sports drinks. Also, a large variety of non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- Snacks and Food.
- Dogs are allowed to attend on leash and at owners risk (must be good with small children, good in crowds and good with other dogs or will be asked to leave)
- Prams, Push along trike and wagons that are always in control by a adult are allowed.
Is there an ATM and EFTPOS at the event?
- No. If you wish to purchase entry tickets on the day, please arrange cash beforehand. (unless tickets are sold out prior)
Is First Aid available?
- There will be trained First Aid personnel on site, see the main tent.
Want to come along and Volunteer?
- If you want to have fun covering people in colour and wish to volunteer to help on the day, please send us a email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For insurance reasons please include your Full Name, Address, DOB (must be over 13) Email and Contact Number.
- All returning volunteers welcome! Free cold drinks and sausage on the day too!
What if it rains?
- In the event of scattered showers or rain on the day we will still go ahead with the event. It is even more fun in the rain! You can get wet and covered in colours and well how many times do you get a reason to run in the rain and get wet?
- In the event of Thunder/ Lighting / Storm putting people at risk of lighting at the time of the event the event will be rescheduled for a further date to be announced at the time of event. In case of rescheduling and ticket holder cannot attend new day and time the ticket holders may transfer their ticket to another person or transfer to a future event date, no refunds are given.
- If needed the decision to postpone the event will be made on event day. In the event of inclement weather patrons should check the Facebook event BEFORE departing for the event for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
Where is Lost Property?
- Lost property will be kept at the main tent throughout the event and will be held by the Colour Frenzy team for three days post event.
Can lost tickets be replaced?
- Yes, you can reprint your tickets from email or contact Ticketebo on 1800 381 939 or email at email@example.com for further information.
- You can also show Photo Id at Race Pack collection in the name of the ticket purchaser to collect Race Packs
Can Tickets be shown on Smartphones?
-Yes, you do not need to print your ticket you can show your barcode on your smart phone when collecting race pack.
Is this a not-for-profit event?
- No even though we are a for-profit company we always bring along local foundations to help out and make donations to from the profits. Giving back to the community is a big part of this for us.
- This event we are working with the Ipswich Eagles AFC club.
Can I get a refund or Exchange?
- No, there will be no full or partial refunds on purchased tickets. If you are unable to attend the event or if the event is rescheduled tickets are transferable only. Ask friends or family if they wish to take your spot.
- No name change is needed to transfer tickets to another person. The holder of the barcoded Ticket will receive the race pack.
By purchasing, receiving or using a Race Pack and participating in the Colour Frenzy Event you agree to the terms and conditions of the event, including if ticket is not in your name.
*Plus Booking Fee