About Expand Gong 2
University of Wollongong’s VGA and Wollongong FGC would again like to welcome fighters from all around Australia to join us in a weekend of competition, comradery and bants. Make the pilgrimage to Australia’s friendliest Major, Expand Gong 2! In our debut event the fighters got behind us with 136 entrants over 5 different games and a full weekend of play. We’re looking to expand our event this year with more room at the venue, more players, a bigger after-party, more pot bonuses, more sponsors and most importantly more good times!
¹ You must have a valid Weekend Pass or Day Pass to enter these events.
Terms and Conditions:
1. By purchasing a ticket to this event and entering the venue, you agree that you have read these terms and conditions and understand what has been said.
2. Anyone found not adhering to these conditions will be removed from the event and not given a refund.
3. The event Expand Gong 2, is run by the University of Wollongong (UOW) club, Video Game Association, who are affiliated under the UOW Pulse organisation, a sub organization of UOW.
4. The event runs from Friday the 31st of March till no later than 9pm Sunday the 1st of April. The event may start to pack up earlier for larger areas so that individuals are able to vacate before the 9pm closure time. No individual other than volunteers or staff should be in the venue before or after the event running time.
5. Every entrant shall be in charge of their own equipment, VGA and UOW do not take responsibility of any equipment that entrants bring into the venue that is stolen, or lost.
6. Entrants enter at own risk and do so knowing that VGA and UOW do not take responsibility for any injury or accident received upon the individual because of his or any other entrants actions whether it be physical, sexual or verbal in nature.
7. All events and activities advertised were correct at the time of posting but variation or cancellation of events can happen due to unforeseen circumstances and VGA will do their best to replace these events with other activities where possible but is not guaranteed.
8. Food and drinks are allowed to be brought in to the venue but anything illegal or dangerous (not limited to but including alcohol, illicit drugs, flammable substances, lethal weaponry, etc) found on persons upon entering will be taken to be held in storage and individuals may be not allowed entry dependent on severity without remuneration and proper authorities may be informed.
9. Individual’s equipment must meet safety and electrical standards. If equipment is found to be faulty and results in faults to the event. Individual will not receive refund. If damage is severe or severely halts event running, person could be subject to remuneration to event runners because of fault.
10. Individuals are allowed to go in and out of the venue freely during the times of the event.
11. Individuals entering the building are given a wristband or other relevant identifier of their ticket purchase and inclusion at the event when they enter the building and hand over their ticket. It is your responsibility to make sure your wristband stays on you as this is an identifier to us of your ticket purchase and if you do not have one on you we can remove you from event as you do not have valid ticket identification.
12. We run a fun and friendly environment. Anyone found harming individuals physically or verbally will be given a warning then removed from the venue if actions continue. If abuse is severe we will remove you on the spot so you do not harm other attendees. If individual becomes violent and aims to hurt attendees or volunteers, proper authorities will be called to handle the situation and the individual in question will cover any potential damage cost they may incur.
13. People bring in their equipment at their own risk. However we will not tolerate people breaking or stealing other people’s property. If an individual is found to be doing this they will be asked to leave and potential authority involvement could be called if case is severe.
14. Prizes offered are at discretion of the event and event organizers.
15. By entering the venue you allow VGA, UOW, and sponsors to use and/or publish photos/ multimedia material for promotion of the club, the event, their brand and the university.
16. Individuals under 18 must be either accompanied by an adult or have signed the parental consent form. If the individual enters with an adult the adult takes full responsibility for that child’s actions.
17. Individuals under the age of 12 are required to be accompanied by an adult for entry to the event and enter the venue with the explicit knowledge that the venue organisers are not there to babysit the children. Any issues arising from actions will be passed on to their parent/guardian and will be their responsibility for the full time they are at the venue.