About Counselling Skills for the Accidental Counsellor – Port Macquarie
What is the Training About?
As a worker are you sometimes faced with people in heightened emotional states or unexpectedly sharing personal problems, sounding off in anger or frustration, upset or distressed, tense or anxious or just desperate for a listening ear? Without training this can be a minefield and yet workers are faced with these situations every day. The Counselling Skills for the Accidental Counsellor one-day intensive skill-building program offers professional insight and practical skills to give you greater confidence in handling these situations with respect, wisdom, boundaries and grace.
Who Should Attend?
Presented widely throughout Australian cities and regional centres for over 8 years, the program has been benefitting workers from a range of professional fields including Community Services, Aged Care, Disability Support, Child Care, Education, Allied Health, Youth, Employment Support, Government organisations, Councils, and privately run businesses.
What Are the Learning Outcomes?
By attending this professional development training participants will:
- Explore the psychology of the emotional person and the effects on their behaviour, perceptions and motivations
- Acquire strategies for applying ethical and professional boundaries when responding to emotional clients
- Practise the application of basic counselling techniques for caring, non-threatening and non-invasive communication
- Learn effective techniques for the de-escalation of strong emotion
- Acquire principles for relevant self-care, duty of care, plus referring out strategies
- Develop questioning skills for safe, ethical and non-directive problem-solving
Be one of the thousands of people who have completed and loved this workshop with its clear information, practical strategies and incredibly useful skills. Participants in a huge variety of work roles have found the skills taught in Counselling Skills for the Accidental Counsellor to be highly relevant for their everyday role, completely practical, and able to be put into immediate use.
“One of the most useful professional development opportunities I’ve ever undertaken.” Participant, Wyong NSW.
“Fantastic. Recommend to all staff.” Coordinator, Disability Support program, Victoria.
“Very valuable. Awesome!!” Participant, Warrnambool Victoria.
*Plus booking fee