About ELECTRIC STORM HALLOWEEN MUSIC FESTIVAL 2020
Rise from your grave, conjure up your unholy crew, summon up your ghastly costumes and enter if you dare, Electric Storm Music Festival celebrates the spookiest night of the year - Halloween!
Allday, Hot Dub Time Machine, Reuben Styles/Peking Duk DJ Set featuring Micci, J-MILLA, Jordan Burns, NOY, Taleena, Dr. Dill, GUNSXGOLD, SOUTHD (NZ), Tyrin-A, V O E will take over Darwin Ski Club with some of the country’s most ghoulish characters to keep you on edge all night long. Let’s get this party startled!
Cult-rap linchpin Allday mixes EDM and hip-hop with a wry, rolling smoothness. His lyrics are a mix of genuine, bittersweet storytelling and youthful shenanigans with a slight essence of ‘90s American East Coast rap. Allday’s debut album Startup Cult peaked at number 3 on the ARIA charts and initiated hit singles Right Now and You Always Know The DJ.
HOT DUB TIME MACHINE
International music phenomenon Hot Dub Time Machine has blitzed the festival circuit and brings his time-travelling, ‘dance-through-the-decades’ audio visual party to the eighth annual Electric Storm Halloween Music Festival. Hot Dub showcases tunes from every decade and genre of music, winding and weaving an electrifying performance. Constantly delivering high-energy performances, Hot Dub Time Machine’s party set will take you on a unique, expansive, dynamic music history lesson as he mixes through the best music memories of your lifetime.
REUBEN STYLES/PEKING DUK DJ SET featuring MICCI
Electronic music superstar Reuben Styles of Peking Duk is known for his cheeky, party-ready attitude. Peking Duk are most famous for their top ten dance singles High featuring Nicole Millar and Take Me Over featuring Safia. Reuben Styles will take over the Electric Storm stage performing a Peking Duk DJ Set with dynamic vocalist Micci. Fresh off the release of Your Devotion under the alias of his side project Y.O.G.A (You’re Only Great Always), Styles has been itching to play a festival set and is guaranteed to make this show one to remember!
J-MILLA is a rising presence in the Australian hip-hop and R&B scene and a recent nominee for Best Indigenous or Torres Straight Island Artist in the South Australian Music Awards. Hand-picked for the 2020 ‘BigSound 50’, music and storytelling have been a part of his life since birth. The power of narrative shines through his creative, energetic and bouncy tunes.
JORDAN BURNS encapsulates everything house music and has fine-tuned his own grimy bass heavy sound. Having shared the stage with performers LDRU, Motez, Chris Lake, Fisher and more, Burns’ performance is sure to delight and surprise the audience of Electric Storm Halloween Music Festival.
NOY is one of the most impressive multi-genre artists to emerge from Queensland. His eclectic blend of house and bass has secured slots on Australia’s biggest music festival stages. This genre defying DJ/producer has his finger firm on the pulse and has gained over 10 million views on his viral music edits.
TALEENA has catapulted herself into the spotlight with her consistency and pure ambition. One of the most promising house and techno artists in the country, her tracks often delve into the darker and groovier side of these genres. Taleena recently signed her 3rd single to Hot Sunday Records, charting #12 on Traxsource House Essentials and climbing to the top 50 Aria Charts.
Having exploded onto the Darwin club scene with infectious character and charm, Dr Dill’s sets combine his love of UK bass and house with signature outrageous dance moves. His dynamic stage presence always gets the crowd ready to party.
Multi-format bass act GUNSXGOLD is one of the Territory’s most prolific producers. A regular on the Triple J party shows, GUNSXGOLD brings the biggest and baddest bangers and a squad of kickass dancers to Electric Storm Halloween Music Festival for a performance that will wake the dead.
SOUTHD (NZ) is a young emerging DJ talent from the south of New Zealand who specialises in deep, dark and dirty tunes.
TYRIN-A has totalled hundreds of thousands of plays on SoundCloud and dominated stages in venues and festivals all over the country. Tyrin brings influence from his stomping ground of Melbourne to play unique minimal and bounce infused sets.
V O E are a hybrid of Drum & Bass, Dubstep and Electro. Recent winners of the international Track and Build competition, their melodic lyrics and enveloping harmonies have led recent releases Not Thinking Straight and Let You In to skyrocket internationally with plays across BBC Radio 1. Supported by Andy C, Koven, Black Sun Empire and Telomic, V O E are sure to thrill with their dynamic stage presence and live keytar vocals.
Hair-raising sound, eerie lighting and spine-chilling production will make this one terrifying night you’ll definitely remember! Join ghosts, vampires, monsters and the undead and be in the running for the $2000 Best Dressed competitions – who will be Electric Storm’s hallow-queen?
It’s going to be one hell of a night. Live on the fright side and trick or treat yourself to a ticket before they sell out.
This event will operate under an approved COVID-19 event safety plan.
Tickets are strictly limited due to reduced capacity requirements.
THIS IS A 16 YEARS+ EVENT ONLY. PHOTO ID REQUIRED
COVID-19: How will you make the event as safe as possible for attendees?
The event organisers have a COVID-19 Event Safely Plan in place and will follow the guidelines set out by the Department of Health.
How can patrons assist?
• We ask that if you are feeling unwell or displaying COVID-19 symptoms (such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, sore throat or tiredness) to not attend the event.
• Practice social distancing by keeping 1.5 meters between you and a person not known to you and keeping close contact to under 15 minutes.
• Practice hand hygiene by washing your hands or using hand sanitiser.
• We encourage patrons to pay using the eftpos facilities to minimise cash handling.
Patron Ticketing and Entry Conditions:
• All patrons must have a valid ticket to access the event.
• This is a 16yrs+ event.
• The promoter reserves the right to refuse any patron without appropriate identification.
• The only forms of valid photo ID that will be accepted for persons wishing to drink alcohol are a current Australian driver’s licence, a current passport or a current state issued proof of age card.
• All persons, bags and containers are subject to a full search at entry to ensure the safety of patrons. Prohibited items will be confiscated (and only returned at Promoters discretion) except for illegal drugs, which will be handed over to police. The Event organisers do not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
• Every person entering the event will receive a wristband if this wristband is removed for any reason you will be removed from the event or you will need to purchase an admission ticket.
Venue Terms & Conditions:
• Entry is at own risk. The right to refuse entry is reserved.
• Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of the Venue.
• Anyone found to be supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the Venue and will possibly face criminal charges.
• During the Event, patrons must remain on designated pathways and follow official directions by Venue Staff and Security.
• Trespassers and anyone assisting trespassers will be evicted from the Venue.
• Smoking is only permitted in marked designated smoking areas.
• Pass-outs may be issued at the discretion of the Door Manager.
• The Promoter and the Venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or within the premises.
• Small still cameras (including those with a recording function) and mobile phones are permitted for personal use only. Please respect the privacy of all other patrons, artists and service providers when using your camera or mobile phone.
• As members of the audience, ticket holders’ consent to being included in photos, sound and live video recordings that can be used by the promoter approved media outlets for promotion of the event.
• It is a condition of entry that all patrons agree not to behave in a manner that interferes with the enjoyment of other patrons. Promoters and Security reserve the right to eject any person contravening this.
• DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing. Patrons participating in these dangerous activities will be evicted without right to re-entry or refund. The Promoter accepts no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities.
• In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, please follow all official directives.
• The Promoters or the event will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss. Use earplugs if necessary.
• The Promoter reserves the right to change the line-up without prior notification. In the event of a change of lineup, refunds will not be available.
What items can’t be brought into this event.
• No BYO alcohol, soft drinks and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted.
• No illicit drugs are permitted.
• No glass, knives, weapons, lasers, fireworks, umbrellas, prams, bulky items (such as eskies, sunshades, tents, tables) or animals are permitted.
• No outside food is to be brought into the venue.
• Offensive clothing
• Professional still cameras (such as an SLR), professional video cameras (including go-pros), sound recording equipment and professional lighting and tripod set ups are not permitted without written authority from LACT Activations Pty Ltd.
What can be brought to this event?
• Special requirement food that can not be reasonably purchased inside the venue.
• Sealed bottled water
What's your stance on antisocial behaviour?
We have a Zero Tolerance approach for any antisocial, aggressive, dangerous or intimidating behaviour, vandalism, theft, underage drinking, supply of alcohol to minors, consumption and possession of any illicit substances. Any of these activities will result in immediate eviction from the venue.
Is there an ATM and EFTPOS at the event?
There will be an ATM at the event. Eftpos facilities will only be available at the front gate to purchase entry tickets.
Is First Aid available?
There will be a First Aid Marquee with trained First Aid personnel on site.
Where is Lost Property?
Lost property will be kept at the box office throughout the event and will be held by the Promoter for three days after the event before being taken to the local Police Station. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for property.
Contact us through our Facebook page for inquiries.
Are Companion Cards accepted?
Carers accompanying a disabled or restricted mobility person will be admitted free in the company of the ticket holding person they are caring for. This is valid for one carer per person.
Can lost tickets be replaced?
No. Once the ticket sale is processed the purchase is final. While obviously we sympathize with you if you lose your ticket, we are unable to reissue. Even if we have a record of your purchase, we cannot be certain that other less scrupulous members of the public will not use the ticket. Please treat your ticket like cash, as they are irreplaceable.
What if I purchase tickets from a third party?
The official ticketing agency for this event is DTIX/Ticketebo. Validity of your Tickets can only be ensured by purchasing the Tickets directly from this Authorised Seller.
Invalid or fake tickets are tickets that do not allow you admission to an Event (for example, because there are multiple versions of the same Ticket or the tickets are not genuine).
Tickets purchased through third parties such as Viagogo, Ebay, Gumtree, Facebook, etc are done so at the customers own risk. Fraudulent tickets will not be honoured
Can I get a refund or Exchange?
No refunds or exchanges except as required by and/or specified by the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice. Incorrect purchases are NOT guaranteed a refund and are at the discretion of the promoter.
If you are asked to leave the event for any reason or you choose to leave for any reason you will not be entitled to a refund.