About Right Now Music Festival 2020
Fresh from taking out 2019’s ARIA award for “Best Live Act” Hilltop Hoods will headline the inaugural RIGHT NOW Music Festival at Tolosa Park in Hobart on Saturday 4th April 2020. Hilltop Hoods will be joined by Dope Lemon, Holy Holy, Thelma Plum, Chillinit, Adrian Eagle and Tasmania’s own Maddy Jane to complete what is a stellar line up to kick start RIGHT NOW Music Festival.
Hilltop Hoods having just wrapped up their latest tour “The Great Expanse World Tour, a tour that went to 14 countries and made history in this country for being the largest hip-hop tour ever from an Australian artist with more than 80,000 fans attending. Hilltop Hoods will be playing all their hits as well as the latest multi platinum singles – Clark Griswold, Leave Me Lonely and Exit Sign – off their latest ARIA no. 1 album and Triple J ‘album of the week’ The Great Expanse.
Having headlined at Splendour in the Grass and a run of Falls Festival’s across Australia, Dope Lemon aka Angus Stone released his second studio album Smooth Big Cat via BMG Australia debuting at number 2 in the global ARIA charts, number 1 in the ARIA vinyl charts and number 1 Australian ARIA Album Featuring first single Hey You, with a US Netflix sync and album tracks Salt & Pepper, and Give Me Honey, Smooth Big Cat was recorded over three months at Belafonte, the studio on his ranch. Angus played every instrument on the record, produced and mixed every song. The new LP is Dope Lemon squeezed to pure juice, distilled to a nectar fit for the gods, sweet on everyone’s lips.
Indie rock band Holy Holy has more than 45 million streams under their belt, and continue to commandeer new sonic territory as seen throughout their journey from their first EP, to the acclaimed ‘Where The Storms Would Come’, to ‘Paint’ – a Top 10 hit on the ARIA Charts.
Their latest, album, My Own Pool of Light, has received critical acclaim with an ARIA nomination for Best Rock Album, a J Award nomination for Album Of The Year as well as a triple j feature album on release and was voted in at number 5 on triple j listener’s Best Albums of 2019
Thelma Plum’s debut album Better In Blak is a story about culture, heritage, love, and pain. With incredible strength, courage and heartbreaking tenderness, her debut album captures so deftly what it’s like to be a young Aboriginal woman in Australia. Since releasing her 2014 EP Monsters, Thelma has been through a lot. “On this album I speak about how it feels being an Aboriginal woman in this country. When I was younger I wasn’t ready to share this side of me, but I’ve grown a lot in the past few years and that’s changed,” says Thelma.
Chillinit is the definition of a homegrown, self-made star. Having cut his teeth in Sydney’s underground hip-hop scene, the Hurstville emcee has since morphed into one of Australia’s most revered personalities. Chillinit is sure to be a crowd favourite.
Adrian Eagle has garnered widespread acclaim for his breakout singles 17 Again and AOK, and has revelled in a massive national and international touring schedule (supporting Hilltop Hoods) which sees him currently in the midst of a massive 40-date tour. With his trademark street-gospel sound and upbeat yet reflective style see why Adrian Eagle is one of Australian music rising stars and will be on stage in Hobart.
Maddy Jane is an independent singer-songwriter from the small island town of Bruny Island, Tasmania. Catchy and truthful, Maddy’s unique brand of indie pop/rock has resonated in Australia, with plenty of airplay on triple j for her acclaimed EP 'Not Human At All', sold out headline shows, and huge arena supports for the likes of Harry Styles and Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
RIGHT NOW Music Festival is an all ages event* and will be held at Tolosa Park in Hobart on Saturday 4th April 2020 with gates open at 2pm.
* Patron Ticketing and Entry Conditions:
- All patrons must have a valid ticket to access the event.
- This is an all ages licensed event.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse any patron without appropriate identification.
- The only forms of valid photo ID that will be accepted for persons wishing to drink alcohol are a current Australian driver’s licence, a current passport or a current state issued proof of age card.
- Carers accompanying a disabled or restricted mobility person will be admitted free in the company of the ticket holding person they are caring for. This is valid for one carer per person.
- All persons, bags and containers are subject to a full search at entry to ensure the safety of patrons. Prohibited items will be confiscated (and only returned at Promoters discretion) except for illegal drugs, which will be handed over to police. The Event organisers do not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
- Every person entering the event will receive a wristband if this wristband is removed for any reason you will be removed from the event or you will need to purchase an admission ticket.
Venue Terms & Conditions:
- Entry is at own risk. The right to refuse entry is reserved.
- Anyone found to be supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the venue and will possibly face criminal charges.
- During the Event, patrons must remain on designated pathways and follow official directions by Venue Staff and Security.
- Trespassers and anyone assisting trespassers will be evicted from the Venue.
- Smoking is only permitted in marked designated smoking areas.
- The Promoter and the Venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or within the premises.
- Small still cameras (including those with a recording function) and mobile phones are permitted for personal use only. Please respect the privacy of all other patrons, artists and service providers when using your camera or mobile phone.
- As members of the audience, ticket-holders consent to being included in photos, sound and live video recordings that can be used by the promoter approved media outlets for promotion of the event.
- It is a condition of entry that all patrons agree not to behave in a manner that interferes with the enjoyment of other patrons. Promoters and Security reserve the right to eject any person contravening this.
- DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing. Patrons participating in these dangerous activities will be evicted without right to re-entry or refund. The Promoter accepts no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities.
- In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, please follow all official directives.
- The Promoters or the event will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss. Use earplugs if necessary.
Can children attend the event?
- Children 12 years and under will be admitted free of charge. Children aged 13 years and over are required to purchase a ticket.
- Children 15 years and under must be accompanied by a ticket holding parent/guardian.
- A maximum of six children (15 years and under) can be admitted with one ticket holding parent/guardian.
- All patrons must show proof of age.
What items can’t be brought into this event?
- No BYO alcohol, soft drinks and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- No illicit drugs are permitted.
- No glass, knives, weapons, lasers, fireworks, umbrellas, prams, bulky items (such as eskies, sunshades, tents, tables) or animals are permitted.
- No outside food is to be brought into the venue.
- Offensive clothing.
- Professional still cameras (such as an SLR), professional video cameras (including go-pros), sound recording equipment and professional lighting and tripod set ups are not permitted without written authority from Hamark Holdings Pty Ltd.
What can be brought to this event?
- Special requirement food that can not be reasonably purchased inside the venue.
- Sealed bottled water
Is there an ATM and EFTPOS at the event?
- There will be an ATM at the event. Eftpos facilities will be available at the front gate to purchase entry tickets and at the bars.
Is First Aid available?
- There will be a First Aid Marquee with trained First Aid personnel on site.
Are you allowed to leave and come back?
- There are No Pass-outs at this event.
What if it rains?
- If it does rain the show will go ahead unless conditions are deemed to be dangerous. If an event does not go ahead due to this reason, the show will be rescheduled.
- The decision to cancel a show will be made on show day. In the event of inclement weather patrons should check this website BEFORE departing for the show for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
Where is Lost Property?
- Lost property will be kept at the box office throughout the event and will be held by the Promoter for three days after the event before being taken to the local Police Station. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for property.
- Contact us through our Facebook page for inquiries.
Can lost tickets be replaced?
- No. Once the ticket sale is processed the purchase is final. While obviously we sympathize with you if you lose your ticket, we are unable to reissue. Even if we have a record of your purchase, we cannot be certain that other less scrupulous members of the public will not use the ticket. Please treat your ticket like cash, as they are irreplaceable.
What if I purchase tickets from a third party?
- The official ticketing agencies for this event are DTIX (Ticketebo) and Ticketmaster. Validity of your Tickets can only be ensured by purchasing the Tickets directly from these Authorised Sellers.
Invalid or fake tickets are tickets that do not allow you admission to an Event (for example, because there are multiple versions of the same Ticket or the tickets are not genuine).
- Tickets purchased through third parties such as Viagogo, Ebay, Gumtree, Facebook, etc are done so at the customers own risk. Fraudulent tickets will not be honoured.
Can I get a refund or Exchange?
- No refunds or exchanges except as required by and/or specified by the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice.
- If you are asked to leave the event for any reason or you choose to leave for any reason you will not be entitled to a refund.