About ONE TROPICAL DAY ALICE SPRINGS 2020
The “One Tropical Day” concert series returns for 2020 with two massive shows in the Northern Territory with the first on Saturday 2nd May, Mayday Long Weekend, at the Darwin Botanic Gardens Amphitheatre and the second touching down, for the very first time, in Alice Springs at the picturesque Anzac Oval. What a way to welcome the dry season with 2019’s ARIA award winners for “Best Live Act” Hilltop Hoods headlining plus G Flip, Montaigne, Adrian Eagle and hosted by Ecca Vandal to complete one stellar line up for two epic One Tropical Days in the NT for 2020.
With the Hilltop Hoods having just wrapped up their latest tour “The Great Expanse World Tour”, a tour that has made history in this country for being the largest hip-hop tour ever from an Australian artist with more than 80,000 fans attending. The Hilltop Hoods will be out to prove why they are Australia’s best live act.
For the first time in the NT Melbourne singer, producer and multi-instrumentalist G Flip, born Georgia Flipo, will grace our stages. G Flip fell in love with the drums as a kid and travelled the US as a touring drummer in her early 20s. Never one to sit still, Georgia then locked herself in her bedroom studio for all of 2017 and taught herself how to write and produce her own songs. Her self-produced debut single ‘About You’ is an addictive, bittersweet shard of shimmering pop, inspired by her “hectic, toxic, cinematic” on-off relationship. It was the very first track Georgia pieced together, recorded in a day in her bedroom studio into “a shitty mic from Cash Converters”. G Flip is the real thing: unfiltered, driven and bursting out of her bedroom with ideas to burn.
Singer-songwriter Montaigne has hit the scene running with multiple ARIA nominations and the release of her second album Complex earlier this year. Coming off spots on WOMADelaide, Party in the Paddock, Field Day, Groovin The Moo and A Day on The Green with two iconic music legends Blondie and Cyndi Lauper, plus a quick run around Australia with her own headline shows, Montaigne is a break out artist not to be missed.
Adrian Eagle has garnered widespread acclaim for his breakout singles 17 Again and AOK, and has revelled in a massive national and international touring schedule which has seen him finish up a massive 40-date tour of Australia and North America. With his trademark street-gospel sound and upbeat yet reflective style see why Adrian Eagle is one of Australian music’s rising stars.
Both shows will be hosted by the incomparable Ecca Vandal along with One Tropical Day entertainers .
This One Tropical Day series are all ages events* and will be held at Darwin Botanic Gardens Amphitheatre, Darwin on Saturday 2nd May 2020 and at Anzac Oval, Alice Springs on Saturday 16th May 2020 with both gates opening at 4pm.
* Patron Ticketing and Entry Conditions:
- All patrons must have a valid ticket to access the event.
- This is an all ages licensed event.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse any patron without appropriate identification.
- The only forms of valid photo ID that will be accepted for persons wishing to drink alcohol are a current Australian driver’s licence, a current passport or a current state issued proof of age card.
- Carers accompanying a disabled or restricted mobility person will be admitted free in the company of the ticket holding person they are caring for. This is valid for one carer per person.
- All persons, bags and containers are subject to a full search at entry to ensure the safety of patrons. Prohibited items will be confiscated (and only returned at Promoters discretion) except for illegal drugs, which will be handed over to police. The Event organisers do not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
- Every person entering the event will receive a wristband if this wristband is removed for any reason you will be removed from the event or you will need to purchase an admission ticket.
Venue Terms & Conditions:
- Entry is at own risk. The right to refuse entry is reserved.
- Anyone found to be supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the venue and will possibly face criminal charges.
- During the Event, patrons must remain on designated pathways and follow official directions by Venue Staff and Security.
- Trespassers and anyone assisting trespassers will be evicted from the Venue.
- Smoking is only permitted in marked designated smoking areas.
- The Promoter and the Venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or within the premises.
- Small still cameras (including those with a recording function) and mobile phones are permitted for personal use only. Please respect the privacy of all other patrons, artists and service providers when using your camera or mobile phone.
- As members of the audience, ticket-holders consent to being included in photos, sound and live video recordings that can be used by the promoter approved media outlets for promotion of the event.
- It is a condition of entry that all patrons agree not to behave in a manner that interferes with the enjoyment of other patrons. Promoters and Security reserve the right to eject any person contravening this.
- DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing. Patrons participating in these dangerous activities will be evicted without right to re-entry or refund. The Promoter accepts no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities.
- In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, please follow all official directives.
- The Promoters or the event will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss. Use earplugs if necessary.
Can children attend the event?
- Children 12 years and under will be admitted free of charge. Children aged 13 years and over are required to purchase a ticket.
- Children 15 years and under must be accompanied by a ticket holding parent/guardian.
- A maximum of six children (15 years and under) can be admitted with one ticket holding parent/guardian.
- All patrons must show proof of age.
What items can’t be brought into this event?
- No BYO alcohol, soft drinks and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- No illicit drugs are permitted.
- No glass, knives, weapons, lasers, fireworks, umbrellas, prams, bulky items (such as eskies, sunshades, tents, tables) or animals are permitted.
- No outside food is to be brought into the venue.
- Offensive clothing.
- Professional still cameras (such as an SLR), professional video cameras (including go-pros), sound recording equipment and professional lighting and tripod set ups are not permitted without written authority from Hamark Holdings Pty Ltd.
What can be brought to this event?
- Special requirement food that can not be reasonably purchased inside the venue.
- Sealed bottled water
Is there an ATM and EFTPOS at the event?
- There will be an ATM at the event. Eftpos facilities will be available at the front gate to purchase entry tickets and at the bars.
Is First Aid available?
- There will be a First Aid Marquee with trained First Aid personnel on site.
Are you allowed to leave and come back?
- There are No Pass-outs at this event.
What if it rains?
- If it does rain the show will go ahead unless conditions are deemed to be dangerous. If an event does not go ahead due to this reason, the show will be rescheduled.
- The decision to cancel a show will be made on show day. In the event of inclement weather patrons should check this website BEFORE departing for the show for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
Where is Lost Property?
- Lost property will be kept at the box office throughout the event and will be held by the Promoter for three days after the event before being taken to the local Police Station. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for property.
- Contact us through our Facebook page for inquiries.
Can lost tickets be replaced?
- No. Once the ticket sale is processed the purchase is final. While obviously we sympathize with you if you lose your ticket, we are unable to reissue. Even if we have a record of your purchase, we cannot be certain that other less scrupulous members of the public will not use the ticket. Please treat your ticket like cash, as they are irreplaceable.
What if I purchase tickets from a third party?
The official ticketing agencies for this event are DTIX (Ticketebo), Ticketek, and NTIX. Validity of your Tickets can only be ensured by purchasing the Tickets directly from these Authorised Sellers.
Invalid or fake tickets are tickets that do not allow you admission to an Event (for example, because there are multiple versions of the same Ticket or the tickets are not genuine).
- Tickets purchased through third parties such as Viagogo, Ebay, Gumtree, Facebook, etc are done so at the customers own risk. Fraudulent tickets will not be honoured.
Can I get a refund or Exchange?
- No refunds or exchanges except as required by and/or specified by the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice.
- If you are asked to leave the event for any reason or you choose to leave for any reason you will not be entitled to a refund.