About 44th Historic Winton 2020
WIN A WEEKEND AT HISTORIC WINTON this year worth around $2,000
Competition presented by Visit Benalla and Historic Winton
Competition Question (answer on the following page): Which car club is celebrating its 70th Anniversary in 2020? [Hint visit Media Releases at www.historicwinton.org]
• Three nights’ accommodation for two at a local B&B courtesy of Visit Benalla.
• Entry into the Benalla Historic Vehicle Tour on 29th May 2020.
• Dinner at The Northern Hotel for two worth $100.
• $50 Voucher for The Bootmaker’s Shop (coffee shop).
• Half Dozen local wines.
• Exclusive ride in a historic vehicle in the Sunday Parade Lap OR drive in your own historic vehicle.
Competition closes 14 April 2020. Please click HERE to read the Terms and Conditions. Winner announced on 16 April by Email and Facebook.
Gates will open at 8 am for public, non stop track side action from 8:30am - 4:30pm daily.
Introducing 44th Historic Winton
Australia’s Longest-running, All-historic Motor Race Meeting
Friday 29, Saturday 30 & Sunday 31 May 2020 Winton Motor Raceway, near Benalla, Victoria Australia
Conducted by the Austin 7 Club Inc A0003290N with the assistance of the HMRAV
More than 400 historic cars, motorbikes and sidecars will compete at Historic Winton on 30th and 31st May 2020 at Winton Motor Raceway.
The Historic Winton weekend commences on Friday 29th May with the Benalla Historic Vehicle Tour and practice at the raceway. The Saturday program starts with practice laps then car, motorcycle and sidecar races commencing at lunchtime. Sunday is a full day of racing.
Historic displays of about 2,000 vehicles up to the 1980s will surround the track and for the first time, spectators will have entry to the competition paddock included in their gate ticket. A rare feature of this event is that everyone can see the competing race cars, motorbikes and sidecars up close and meet the race teams involved. Each year at Historic Winton, curated displays of anniversary and featured vehicles are on display. Anniversary cars invited to be on display in 2020 include:
120 Years Auburn, Dodge Brothers, Peerless, Pierce Arrow, Swift, Tarrant
110 Years Alfa Romeo, Morgan
100 Years Mazda, Salmson, Indian Scout Motorcycle
90 Years Austin 7 Ulster
95 Years Invicta
80 Years Ferrari
75 Years Bristol, Jaguar, Jeep, Saab
65 Years Citroen DS
60 Years Amphicar, XK Falcon, FB Holden, Peugot 404, Vanden Plas
55 Years Jensen Interceptor
50 Years Austin Kimberley/Tasman, Citroen SM, Datsun 240z, Ford Falcon GT HO Phase II, HG Holden, Range Rover, Triumph Stag
45 Years Jaguar XJS
Special Feature Event producer, the Austin 7 Club Inc turns 70 on 19 January 2020 and will celebrate throughout the year.
Shannon’s car park and more.
- Ticket price includes entry to the Competition Paddock (pit area)
- Friday entry to the event is free of charge and requires no ticket
- Children 17yrs and under are FREE all weekend and do not require a ticket
- Please note all patrons entering the campgrounds must also have a valid ENTRY ticket (or present their Official Race Credentials). Patrons who fail to buy entry tickets will have their CAMPSITE forfeited.
- *Plus Booking Fee
WARNING: Motor Racing is DANGEROUS - all persons attending do so entirely at their own risk. It is a condition of admission that all persons having connections with the promotion &/or conduct of the meeting, including the owners of the land, & the riders &owners of vehicles & passengers in the vehicles, are absolved from liability arising out of & accidents causing damage or personal injury to spectators or ticket holders except where due care & skill has not been exercised.