About Let's Talk! | JULY 2020
South Australian students enrolled in a Stage 1 or Stage 2 Continuers language pathway for Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian Japanese or Spanish are invited to register for the Let’s Talk! holiday program.
WHEN? Thursday 16th July 2020 and Friday 17th July 2020 from 10.00am - 3.30pm
WHERE? School of Languages, 255 Torrens Road, West Croydon
The program will include engaging and highly interactive language/cultural experiences with the aim of improving students’ proficiency in Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian Japanese or Spanish. Given that the focus of all sessions will be on the oral use of the target language, groups will be capped at 12 students per class. Please note that students will be able to register for either 1 or 2 days as the program for each day will be different.
Each day, three sessions of 75 minutes duration will be offered by highly proficient speakers of Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian Japanese or Spanish. Activities will include:
- one-to-one and group conversations
- games and improvisations.
For photos from the 2019 event, please go to: https://schooloflanguages.sa.edu.au/
A lunch van will be available on-site for students wishing to buy their lunch.
Please be aware that during Let’s Talk! events we will be following COVID-19 SA Health and the Department for Education advice, to maintain the health and safety of participants. This will include the following measures:
- Wiping down desks with sanitiser
- Asking participants to wash their hands before and after sessions, when they go to toilet and during the break.
- Reminding participants to cough/sneeze into their elbows or into a tissue (and dispose of it immediately).
- Maintaining social distance from others, as far as it is practical
*Plus Booking Fee