About Languages Alive! Thursday, 5th October
Join us at Nairne School on Thursday the 5th of October for Languages Alive!
Nairne School will be hosting the School of Languages who will be holding cultural workshops for children from Reception to Year 7 where they will discover a new culture and language!
Children will choose from 2 options where they can enjoy 4 different workshops. Our workshops are all hands-on opportunities for children to delve into and enjoy exploring another culture and language for the day!
Option 1: Children will discover:
- the basics of Bollywood Dancing and the art of henna designs
- the animals of the Chinese zodiac and will make their own bookmark to take home
- the traditions of Italian Carnevale and will make their own mask
- Japanese table manners and will make craft sushi
Option 2: Children will discover:
- the traditional Korean instrument of the ‘janggu’ and will make their own
- the traditional Italian card game, Briscola and will make their own cards
- Hispanic cultural celebrations and will make their own piñata
- China through a virtual tour of the country that will include challenges and games
In addition to the various cultural activities, children will experience up to four different languages including Korean, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Hindi, and Japanese.
Our lunchtime program, (chosen at registration on the day), provides the children with the extra option of learning Chinese watercolour painting, the basics of Karate, or participating in an Indonesian puppet workshop!
All children will receive a showbag of goodies and have a range of arts and crafts made over the day to take home.
Please note, all children will need to wear comfortable clothing, bring a bottled drink (water only), a snack and a packed lunch. There will be no catering facilities on site.
^plus booking fee