About One Tropical Day - GRINSPOON 'Guide to Better Living' National Tour
GRINSPOON / THE SUPERJESUS / HOCKEY DAD / TIRED LION
On July 29th 2017 ONE TROPICAL DAY returns in the midst of Darwin’s glorious dry season with GRINSPOON headlining along with an amazing entourage of Aussie musical talent such as THE SUPERJESUS, HOCKEY DAD and TIRED LION who will kick off the day and lead us into the sunset and rocking night time show.
Playing at Darwin’s newest outdoor venue, THE BOATYARD, located on Vesteys Beach adjacent the Darwin Ski Club, ONE TROPICAL DAY is excited to bring these rockers to Darwin in what will be a jammed packed evening of rock, indie rock and post grunge talent.
Headlining ONE TROPICAL DAY will be post-grunge Aussie rockers, GRINSPOON, having announced a 20th Anniversary deluxe edition of the album that kick started their longstanding music career, Guide To Better Living, alongside an epic 27-date national tour of Australia, where they will be playing the album from cover to cover.
Along with rock royalty THE SUPERJESUS who originally formed in Adelaide in 1994, mostly famously known for their hits Jet Age, Gravity, Rock Music and Eight Step Rail bring to Darwin their indie rock, post grunge musical styles with an expressive voice from their dynamic lead singer Sarah McLeod. The band is back stronger than ever after disbanding in mid 2004 and returning in 2013.
Also fitting effortlessly onto the bill HOCKEY DAD, who are two childhood friends from a seaside town in coastal Australia who have made it a long way in their short time of musical fame. Starting off playing in small bars in early 2013 Zach Stephenson and Billy Fleming really started to gather a following with the release of their first single named “Dreamin” in 2014. Recently signed with Kanine Records in the USA they are here to show Darwin why they were named the winners of Triple J’s Unearthed competition.
Plus join up and coming rockers TIRED LION straight out of Perth and into the Darwin dry, who are sure to have you rocking with their nostalgic sounds. Having supported the likes of KINGSWOOD, THE 1975 and GYROSCOPE this indie rock / pop foursome will have you on the dance floor and humming songs you won’t want to forget. Lead singer Sophie Hopes says “the band is about the raw honesty in the music we make. If you sit back and take in the energy of what we are playing and what it's all about, it's a direct view into the looking glass that is collectively our lives - be it happy, sad or confusing. We're passionate about bringing to people a fresh take on this genre, keeping the guitars loud and trying to evoke some kind of feeling for the listener with dynamics and melody.”
TICKETING & ENTRY CONDITIONS:
- All patrons must have a valid ticket to access the event.
- This is an all ages event.
- Children under 12 will be admitted free of charge with a ticket holding guardian. The event organisers do not recommend that young children or infants attend this event.
- Carers accompanying a disabled or restricted mobility person will be admitted free in the company of the ticket holding person they are caring for. This is valid for one carer per person.
- All persons wishing to purchase alcohol must bring valid government issued ID.
- Every person entering the event will receive a wristband if this wristband is removed for any reason you will be removed from the event.
What items can’t be brought into this event.
- Alcohol, non alcoholic drinks - this includes juice, soft drinks, sports drinks. This is a licensed event and alcohol and a large variety of non alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- No outside food is to be brought into the venue.
- Sunshades, tents and tables.
- Umbrellas, even if it’s raining. Bring a raincoat and gumboots instead. Ponchos will be available to purchase.
- Glass - this includes wine glasses, jars, or any other containers or items made of glass
- Professional cameras (including SLR's & any camera with a removable lens) and sound and video recording equipment.
- Pets (other than guide dogs)
- Fireworks – Anything flammable
- There will be a security check at the gate and prohibited items will be placed aside for collection after the event.
- Security and event personnel may request to inspect any bags brought to the venue
- The Event organisers do not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
What can be brought to this event?
- Single use commercial water bottles. Any liquid in unsealed bottles will be dumped and the container returned.
- Special requirement food or sealed packaged snacks that cannot be reasonably purchased inside the venue.
- Small personal use cameras are welcome. Large or professional equipment including recording devices will be removed and held at the entrance for collection after the show.
- Deck or camping chairs and picnic rugs (for use on designated areas only).
Is there an ATM and EFTPOS at the event?
There will be ATM at the event. Eftpos facilities will be available at the front gate to purchase entry tickets and at the bars.
Is First Aid available?
There will be trained First Aid personnel on site, including Paramedics and Surf Life Savers.
Are you allowed to leave and come back?
Any person over 18 is free to enter and exit the venue as you please as long as your wristband stays intact.
What if it rains?
If it does rain the show will go ahead unless conditions are deemed to be dangerous. If an event does not go ahead due to this reason, patrons will receive a full refund from point of purchase, if the event is not rescheduled.
The decision to cancel a show will be made on show day. In the event of inclement weather patrons should check this website BEFORE departing for the show for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
Where is Lost Property?
Lost property will be kept at the box office throughout the event and will be held at the Ski Club for three days before being taken to the Mitchell Street Police Station.
Can lost tickets be replaced?
No. Once the ticket sale is processed the purchase is final. While obviously we sympathize with you if you lose your ticket, we are unable to reissue. Even if we have a record of your purchase, we cannot be certain that other less scrupulous members of the public will not use the ticket. Please treat your ticket like cash, as they are irreplaceable.
Can I get a refund or Exchange?
No, there will be no full or partial refunds on purchased tickets. If you are asked to leave the event for any reason or you choose to leave for any reason you will not be entitled to a refund.
If an event is rescheduled, you will be offered equivalent seats at the rescheduled event. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled event or an event is cancelled entirely, you are entitled to a refund of the face value of the tickets.