About City to Coast Community Bike Ride 2023
The City to Coast Community Bike Ride is a leisurely 20km taking in the Bundaberg region. The ride is designed for everyone - if you can ride a bike you can complete this ride.
START Riverside Parklands. Bundaberg
FINISH: South Head Parkland, Burnett Heads
DATE: Sunday 10 September 2023
TIME: Registration from 07:30am. Ride starts at 09:00am.
WHO CAN ENTER?
Everyone! You do not need to be super-fit or an experienced rider.
WHAT YOU GET?
- Free sausage sizzle at South Head Parkland.
- Drinks, fruit and water stops on the way.
- Ambulance support, plus route marshals.
- Bike mechanic support.
TEAMS HAVE MORE FUN!
Groups of eight or more get discounted entry. Get together with friends or workmates and enter as a team for a fun and healthy group activity and a great day out.
After such a great ride, make sure you have arranged how to get home. Many people extend their ride by riding back to the start or arrange their family or friends to pick them up from South Head Parkland.
IMPORTANT TICKETING NOTES:
All tickets must be purchased online prior to the event or up until 08:45am the morning of the event (cash or card accepted).
- Each person entering the City to Coast Community Bike Ride must have a registered ticket, including all children and infants attending.
- ’The Organiser’ is the Bundaberg Mad Cycologists Incorporated (ABN 37 465 773 492) and where appropriate includes respective committee members, agents, sponsors, volunteers, contractors and representatives.
- “The Event” is the City to Coast Community Bike Ride 2023.
- The event is not a race and roads used will not be closed to traffic. Participation in the Event involves riding on public roads used by other traffic and other cyclists in close proximity. You acknowledge and accept the hazards involved. You must ride in a safe, responsible and courteous manner during the event, and agree to abide by the Queensland road rules and to follow directions given by the Organiser and Queensland Police.
- You are responsible for ensuring you are of sufficient riding competence, your bicycle in sound mechanical condition, are physically and mentally capable of completing the Event and do not have any medical condition that may affect your own safety or the safety of anyone involved in the event.
- You need to provide, as you need, water, suitable food and/or medication which may be necessary to treat any particular medical condition from which you may suffer.
- Only standard human powered or electric power assisted bicycles, unicycles or tricycles are permitted on the Event.
- Participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult guardian at all times. Adults can not accompany more than (five) 5 children under 16.
- Video footage and still images may be taken before, during and after the Event and these images may be used by the Event organisers and Event sponsors for promotional and publicity purposes. You consent to the use of such images.
- You release and indemnify all persons and corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the Event from all liability, claims and costs whether in negligence or otherwise in connection with the participation of yourself or your child in this event. This release shall extend to include the event organisers, sponsors, funding bodies and beneficiaries and their respective committee members, directors, employees, contractors, volunteers and representatives, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land and property upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted including statutory bodies and local authorities.
- Organisers reserve the right to change the venues, the route, any information published about the Event or items provided on the Event without notice.
- Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to the Event to any person without providing a reason and are under no obligation to refund monies due to program changes, non-use, failure to participate or dissatisfaction by the rider.
- Payment of entry fee is considered acceptance of these conditions.
*Plus booking fee