About AusCider 2019
AusCider 2019 is the cider industry’s annual information exchange and networking event. It connects cider producers, fruit growers, researchers, suppliers and other industry representatives from Australia and overseas.
AusCider 2019 will be held in Hobart, Tasmania from 2-5 June. The program features welcome drinks on Sunday evening, a one and a half day conference at the C3 Convention Centre in South Hobart, the AusCider dinner on Monday night along with site visits and events in other regions of Tasmania.
- Keynote – Jane Peyton (UK), Drinks educator, Pommelier and founder of the School of Booze drinks consultancy.
- Sam Reid, President, Cider Australia and co-founder, Willie Smith’s Cider Makers
- Caro Brown, President, Cider Tasmania and co-owner, Brady’s Lookout Cider
- Philippa Dawson, CEO, Fermentasmania/Non-Executive Director
- Dr Nigel Swarts, Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture & Australian Cider Research and Development Group (ACRAD) Program Lead
- Madeleine Way, PhD student, University of Tasmania
- Daniel Bone, Channel Insights Manager, IRi
- Dr Tim Jones, Head Cider Maker and Distiller, Willie Smith’s Cider Makers
- Lynne Uptin, Co-owner, Red Sails Cider
- James Kendell, Owner, Small Acres Cyder
- Andrew Sargant, Destination Marketing Store
- Matthew Tack, Owner, Our Mates Farm
Delegates will have the opportunity to meet and chat with our sponsors at the Cider Supplier Showcase and discover the products and services they have to offer. Exhibitors include:
- ABEVE – a distributor of high quality equipment into wine, cider, beer and spirits industries for over twelve years. www.abeve.com.au
- Lallemand – a family owned company that has been an integral part of worldwide fermentation since the 1920’s. www.lallemandwine.com/en/australia
- Midland Insurance Brokers – providing tailored insurance for cider manufacturers. www.midlandinsurance.com.au
- Plasdene Glass Pak – a supplier and national wholesale distributor of glass and plastic bottles, jars, containers and closures to valued clients throughout Australia and around the world. www.plasdene.com.au
- Vintessential – offering a full range of winemaking services including wine testing in ISO17025 accredited laboratories, enzymatic test kits, export certification and wine microbiological testing services. www.vintessential.com.au
- Visy – a global leader in the packaging, paper and resource recovery industries, providing high quality, innovative and sustainable packaging products and solutions. www.visy.com
Tickets to the AusCider conference, dinner and Tuesday afternoon tour are sold separately. Members of Cider Australia receive discounted tickets. Entry to the welcome drinks is free for conference ticket holders, but please register for a ticket as capacity is limited. For information on membership visit the Cider Australia website.
AusCider 2019 is being held in conjunction with the annual conference of Fruit Growers Tasmania. Ticket holders are eligible to purchase entry to the Fruit Growers Tasmania conference at the member discount rate – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Cider Australia acknowledges the support of its sponsors and partners including the Batlow CiderFest which founded and ran the national cider conference in Batlow, NSW for the past 7 years.
Sunday 2 June:
• Welcome drinks at Ettie’s Bar & Bottle Shop from 6pm
Monday 3 June:
• Registration at the C3 Convention Centre from 8.15am. Conference 8.50am - 5.30pm
• Dinner at the Cornelian Bay Boathouse at 7pm
Tuesday 4 June:
• Conference at the C3 Convention Centre 8.30am - 12pm
• Tour from 12pm - 5.30pm. Coach transport pick up and drop off is from C3 Convention Centre.
Wednesday 5 June:
• Tour from 10am – 3pm. Tour starts and finishes in the Tamar Valley near Launceston. Subject to numbers.