About Australian Speedway Centenary – 100 year celebration
This year celebrates the 100th anniversary of Australian speedway dirt track racing and organisers are planning an “event for the ages” to commemorate the historic Century milestone. The sport of Speedway was invented in Australia, in 1923, with the first recognised meeting being staged in December, of that year, at West Maitland Showground in NSW.
NIGHT ONE - The Centenary event on Thursday night, December 28 will feature the fabulous speedway sidecars, a truly dynamic category, that has contributed greatly to the fabric of dirt track speedway, with the world’s best riders and passengers expected to contest the Australian Speedway Sidecar Centurions Trophy. Reigning and three times Australian Champions and former Oceania Champions, Mark Plaisted (Adelaide) and Ben Pitt (Mildura), are committed to participating on December 28, thus spearheading a world class line-up.
NIGHT TWO - Night two of the prestigious Centenary event, on Friday night, December 29, will showcase a crack field of top international riders, assembled to contest the 500cc Speedway Solo Centurion Trophy. In a major announcement, Great Britain’s Triple World Champion and 7 times British Champion, Tai Woffinden, has already committed to riding in the event and thus, will form an integral part of a truly all-star cast, the likes of which has not been seen in Australian speedway for many years.
Treat yourself to an affordable VIP Package!
Make your event experience truly memorable by upgrading to our the strictly limited Centurion VIP Club Package:
- Venue entry & VIP parking within the venue.
- Access to Centurion VIP Club indoor/outdoor marquee.
- Food and beverage package served between 4.30pm and 10.15pm.
- Food features grazing table and waitress tray service.
- Beverage package is bar service and tray service.
- Hosted Pit Walk and Rider Introduction.
- Souvenir Centenary Event Program.
- Celebrity MC.
- Legends Interviews.
- Rare Memorabilia Offering (if purchasing both nights). If purchasing a two night ticket, you shall receive a commemorative souvenir rider race jacket autographed on the night by multiple world champions including; Jason Doyle, Chris Holder, Tai Woffinden and Sam Ermolenko.
- NO BYO ALCOHOL
- Alcohol will not be served to minors nor intoxicated persons.
- Children 5 years and under are Free and require no ticket.
- Concession applies to current Defence Force, Pension/Aged, Disability and Students with a valid card holder.
- Tickets sold are non-refundable but are transferable to other people.
- NOTE: Please be advised should an unforeseen weather event lead to the cancellation/abandonment of the event due to rider safety concerns, on either night after racing has started, no refunds will be issued if 50%, or 13 races on the main feature program have been completed. This will be deemed an event.
- *Plus booking fee