About SA MEDIEVAL FAIR 2024
Her Majesty invites all her loyal subjects from lands near and far, to attend this the most auspicious royal event, held in the beautiful town of Paracombe set in the Adelaide Hills. All ye fairgoers young and old, may gain exclusive entry to the crown lands of her Royal Highness and delight in the wonderous entertainment that her Royal Courtiers hath assembled for thy viewing pleasure.
The King's Horses Jousters will thrill and delight fair folk as they speed towards each other in the ultimate spectacle of the Joust, The SA Horse Archery riders will amaze the crowd with their accuracy with bow and arrows on horseback and there will be a display of Highland Cattle from Mac-Ladanae Highland Fold.
There will be fierce battles in the combat arena by the Society for Creative Anachronism Barony of Innilgard and Ironclad Academy of the Sword. The Flinders Fencibles will demonstrate 15th Century Military swordsmanship and the Gladiators from Ludus Gladiatorum Pomponius will be fighting for the glory of Rome. The Tartan Muscle Warriors will challenge each other in The Highland Challenge, traditionally a test of strength and stamina.
The Medieval Archers will hold 2 Come and Try sessions each day, 15th Century and Living History groups encampments will transport fair folk back to days of old as they replicate life back throughout history. Punch and Judy, wandering minstrels, medieval musicians, dancers, performers, belly dancers and the amazing Philippe the juggler will provide entertainment for all to enjoy. Look out for Jess the Jester, who will be roving the event site playing the fool.
Nearly 100 stall sites featuring both local and interstate Merchants, Artisans, Armourers and Artists will display their unique and handcrafted wares for purchase and Blacksmiths, Wood Carvers, Bowyers and makers of fine crafts will demonstrate the skills of their trades. The Flavours of the Fair food vendors, showcasing cuisines from around the world will tempt those who hunger for delicious and tasty treats and The Pale Raven Tavern will be serving mulled wine, mead and feature handcrafted boutique beers, local wines and small batch gins for those over 18 who wish to sit for a while and listen to the sounds of yesteryear.
Tickets to enter for both or one day will be available at the entry gates, and we encourage fair folk to pay with card, not coin of the realm for security reasons and to adhere to Covid prevention protocols.
One lucky ticket holder will be chosen in a random ticket draw held on Sunday 5th at 2pm and will win an exclusive one-of-a-kind handcrafted double handed axe created by the talented skills of Firebear of Firebear Armoury
- Free face painting for the youngens of the realm
- Costume Competition held on both days in The Great Hall at the cost of a gold coin of the realm with fabulous prizes to be won for those dressed to impress!
Dedicated Parent and Children's area with kitchen facilities
By her Majesty's Royal Decree it is the event of the year, not to be missed
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
Devilish costumes at heavenly prices
All fair folk who wish to purchase costumes or accessories from the amazing range available will receive a 20% discount using the exclusive code which will be posted on our Facebook page
Purchase online or in store
25 Fenden Rd, Salisbury Plains, SA, 5109
Ph - 8258 5141
IMPORTANT EVENT &TICKETING NOTES
- All attendees require a valid ticket to gain entry to the Fair. Please print your ticket/s (or show them on your smartphone) and present them on arrival for scanning.- Event tickets are non-refundable but are transferable to other people.
- Family tickets provide entry for 2 Adults and 2 Children (aged 5 to 12 years). Children under 5 FREE
- I Day entry tickets provide a single day entry on either Saturday or Sunday. 2 Day entry tickets provide entry (for the same attendee) to BOTH days of the Fair.
- No alcohol allowed to be brought into the fair!
- Swords and other weapons carried by the public need to be peace bound at all times
- Permission must be sought when taking photographs of others.
- This is a family friendly event - - Children must be supervised at all times.
- ATM machines will be available on site
- Dogs are welcome but must be friendly towards other people, children and other dogs. All dogs must be kept on leash at all times. Owners are responsible for their animals and must be cleaned up after.
- Details for public car parking and bus services to and from the fair grounds will be posted on our Facebook page
- Disabled Parking available - please contact us for an event parking permit.
- Event has wheelchair access and disabled toilets.
- We accept companion card ticket purchases - The holder of the companion card needs to purchase a ticket for themselves, and free entry is for the individual caring for them at the event Tickets can be purchased either online via Ticketebo or at the gates and card holders will need to show their companion card to the event gate staff upon entry
- The Event Team are aware that members of our Disabled community do not ALL have access to debit or credit cards for cardless purchases so the gate staff would appreciate it if correct money for tickets is presented.
For more information visit our Facebook page SA Medieval Fair Inc or contact us at email@example.com
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
SA Medieval Fair Inc